Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fun Decorating Finds

I've been looking for things to make my bedroom a little more decorative.  Of course with starting grad school that means finding things that aren't very expensive. I've been looking at thrift stores or on clearance aisles and have found some pretty neat things.

This is a chalkboard wall sticker.  I use it to write things I need to remember to do. I found this on sale at Kohls for around $7.  It didn't stay on my wall well the first time I put it up so you can see I put white thumbtacks on the sides of it to make it stay. I haven't had anymore problems with it staying up.
This is my wall shelf thus far.  I need to add some greenery or something to the base of it.  I found the flameless candle at Mega Thrift for $1, the green vase for $1.99 at Goodwill and the vase is light blue with white polka dots which I found for $1.50. The flowers I all got on sale at AC Moore and Michaels.
These wall stickers are in my bathroom.  They match perfectly because I have a light blue and lime shower curtain and a hot pink bath rug and hand towel.  These stickers were on sale at Michaels for $1.20 each!  They have a lot of other words you can get in other colors.
This is a wall mirror.  I found it at Mega Thrift for $1.99 and my mom had some artificial flowers that I sat on it to spruce it up some.  The hook at the bottom I will probably use eventually for hanging necklaces on.

No comments: