Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A New Adventure

I have some exciting news to share with everyone.  First, I am finished with my Master's degree!!  I will be moving out of Raleigh this weekend.  It is very bittersweet but I do have something amazing to look forward to....a new job!  That's right, after all the interviews I finally was able to pick between a few different positions and chose to take 6th Grade Language Arts and Social Studies at a school near my home.  I have been waiting to have my own classroom for years now and finally the time has come.  Teachers go back on August 20th so I still have a few weeks to start planning and do some professional development.  Here are a few things that I would like to try to get done before the start of the school year.


1.  Take a vacation!  As happy as I am to get to start planning for my classroom I really need to take a break for anything to do with school even if it is just for a weekend.  I am hoping to go to Dollywood sometime in the next few weeks.


2.  Find some easy but tasty lunch recipes.  I don't want to eat cafeteria food every day and I definitely don't want a sandwich or frozen dinner, so I'm going to be searching Pinterest for some lunch ideas I can take to school.


3.  Read for fun.  I haven't had any time this Summer to read the books I have been wanting to read so I look forward to that.  I still haven't finished The Hunger Games!

I plan on changing the name of my blog now since I am no longer a future special educator and will have my special education degree.  Although I'm not teaching all students with disabilities, I will be teaching an inclusion language arts class that I am looking forward to.  If anyone has any blog name ideas, let me know!  Hopefully I will find time to keep everyone updated on my first full year of teaching.

No comments: