Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tasty Thursday

I am absolutely in love with the website Pinterest.  If you haven't joined yet, let me know & I will send you an email invite.  It is is a site where you "pin" things you see online that you like to your own boards on the website. You can look at my boards here.  It is a really neat site because you can repin the things you see on your friends board that you might want to try too. I pinned several different recipes and today I decided to try a couple.

The first thing I made was Baked Zucchini with Cheese.

  This was so simple and very tasty.  I took a medium sized zucchini and sliced it into about 1/2 thick pieces.  I sprinkled garlic salt on each one and then baked them in the oven on 350 for 10 minutes.  Then I took them out and sprinkled shredded cheese on each one.  Finally, I put them back in the oven for 3 minutes and then they were done!


While the zucchini was baking I started making Chicken Bacon and Ranch Quesadillas.  I used a tortilla and covered it with shredded cheese.  On half of it I covered the cheese with cooked bacon, cooked chicken strips and some more zucchini that I cooked in a skillet.  Next, I put the tortilla in a skillet on medium heat for about a minute.  I then poured some ranch dressing on the chicken & folded the tortilla in half and cooked it on each side for about a minute and a half.  This was amazing!! My favorite ingredients in one simple dish, couldn't ask for much more.




The finished meal; Tortilla, Zucchini & Banana Peppers. 



I didn't follow the recipes I found on Pinterest exactly but if you would like to then just go to my boards and you can go to the blog that has a more specific recipe.

No comments: