Saturday, October 16, 2010

Busy, Busy!

I told myself when I started this blog again that I wanted to keep it updated so I could look back on my student teaching experiences. Well, I've been so overloaded that I haven't been able to do that.  I've been coming up with and typing 20 lesson plans a week. I have assignments on top of lesson plans like my big impact project.  I started teaching my unit which is on measurement and continue it until next Wednesday.  I'll be glad when I'm done with it so I can focus more on making good lesson plans.  I absolutely love each and every one of  my 5th graders.  I never would have thought I would love 5th grade as much as I do.  I have even thought about teaching 6th grade. I love the older ones and having more flexibility with lessons since they know more.  They say some of the funniest things.  Did you know that August has 32 days in it? Anyway,

I went to the beach this weekend with Felicia.  We went to see the Goo Goo Dolls at the House of Blues.  It was pretty awesome.  We were so close to the stage!  They played every song I knew so it was a lot of fun. We also went shopping at the Tanger Outlets.  I spent more money than I planned on spending but I couldn't resist the deals!  Old Navy had clearance shirts for $1.74!  I bought a lot more clothes from other stores and got my students some taffy.  Good thing I'm working this week.

I'm looking forward to the next couple of weeks.  This week I am subbing for my cooperating teacher on Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday. I am finishing up my Impact Project.  I have to find something to wear the career fair which is at Appalachian on the 25th.  The BBQ festival is this coming weekend and Katie is coming to stay with me which  I'm looking forward too.  Then the next weekend I'm going to stay with her because it's her birthday and then we are going an Appalachian game that Saturday.  October is becoming a very busy month, and probably one of my favorite months as well!


Well I better get to unpacking!

No comments: