Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Supper Time

Now that I'm settled into my apartment I've been enjoying being able to cook.  Tonight I cooked a really good meal that I thought I'd share.  I first made penne pasta using italian herbs and cheese cooking creme.  All you have to do is boil the pasta, drain the water and put about 3 tablespoons of cooking creme into the pasta.  It's really simple and a different way to eat pasta.  To go in the pasta I also baked some chicken.  I took 2 chicken breasts and seasoned them with Rotisserie Chicken seasoning by McCormick.  I baked the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes on 425.  Then I just cut the chicken into small pieces and mixed it with the pasta.  I love cheese so I also sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese on top. If your not a real cheesy person then the cooking creme probably has enough cheese in it for you.  I really think this is one of the best dishes I have made. It was nice that it didn't require a lot of work or ingredients.

On a side note, I don't recommend Old Paso Tortilla Stuffers.  Yes, they sound good and are a fast way to make tacos, but a quick run to taco bell would be cheaper and taste better.

No comments: