Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year Changes

With the new year approaching I've been thinking about some things I would like to change for myself.  Out of curiosity I went to my New Year's post for this year and read my resolutions.  Sadly, I didn't keep any of them.  They were to start eating breakfast daily, read my bible everyday, and to learn something new like a new language.  So let me just be realistic this year and say that my resolution is to strive to be a better person each day.  I can look back on this year and say that I learned so much about myself, that would have been a resolution I could have kept.

So in striving to make this resolution here are some things that I want to work on:
1) Stop using spell check so often
I rely way too much of right click to fix my spelling errors.  From now when I see that red squiggly line I want to make a conscience effort to spell correctly myself.

2) Read the bible in a year
I just purchased The One Year Bible Companion which tells you what verses to read each day in order to read the bible in one year. It also had questions and answers to think about with each daily reading.
3) Finish graduate school knowing I did my absolute best.  I think I could end with a 4.0 gpa but if I don't and I know I still did my best then I will be just as proud of that.
4) Stop searching and start focusing on me.  I'll admit that I have walked thru the mall or at people's changing relationships statuses and wondered if that person could be the one for me.  I've spent way too much energy trying to find this perfect guy when I should be focusing on making myself better for him. It is time that I become content with what I am doing in my life and let God show him to me when the time is right.
5) Get up!  Near the last couple months of the semester this year I would want to lay in bed till 10:30 or so which I think is just ridiculous.  So this year I'm going to try to wake up earlier and get out of the apartment.  I'd like to try to go to the gym at least twice a week and get to the library earlier each day.


And one last thing that I'd love to do whether it be this year or in years to come:

No comments: