Friday, August 19, 2011

Grad School Begins!

This week marked the first week of Fall classes.  I didn't have any face-to-face classes this week because the semester started on Wednesday and I only have Monday and Tuesday classes. However, my online class did start.  It is called "Organization and Behavioral Management of Inclusive Classrooms."  I'm very interested in learning from this class as behavior issues are the main cause of new teachers wanting to leave the teaching field.  I listened to the first lecture online which was pretty neat.  It is my professor talking as he goes through power point slides.  I don't think this class will be too hard from what I see assigned on the syllabus.  
I've met several really cool people this week as well.  I went to graduate school orientation and then a social on Tuesday which was really fun.  I am really enjoying Raleigh and looking forward to get more involved here.  Just this first week my time has already been limited with tutoring and other things, so hopefully I won't be too bogged down when I really get into my classes.  
Adrienne and I have planned on going to the NC State Fair.  David Nail is going to be in concert there so I am really looking forward to that.  He is probably one of my favorite concert singers.  Here is one of his songs:


No comments: