Saturday, August 6, 2011

A tribute to Lucy

Any of my friends could tell you how big of an "I Love Lucy" fan I am. Lucille Ball was a very smart comedian who I am inspired by.  Her shows didn't need violence, crude humor, or any of the other junk that many shows have today.  Lucy was just purely funny! Today would have been her 100th birthday so here is my tribute to Lucille Ball.

What we can learn from Lucy

Never give up on your dreams, no matter what anyone tells you.  When Lucy was a teenager she enrolled in a theatre and dance school.  They told her she was wasting her money and should give up.  She left the school but eventually went back to looking for an acting job where her first role was as a last-minute replacement.  Of course Lucy dreamed of bigger roles, that with time and hard work she got.

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."  -Lucille Ball

It is hard to pick a favorite episode but here is part of one of my favorite episodes called "Friends of the Friendless." At the end Ricky sings the I Love Lucy theme song to Lucy!

No comments: