Friday, January 20, 2012

The Hunt for Motivation

Why is that we say things that we want to do so badly but yet never find the time or motivation to do it?  For example,  how many people make New Year's resolution's to find themselves only keeping them for less than a week?  A recent study showed that only 12% of people actually achieve their resolutions.   How many college students wake up in the morning and say "I'm motivated today," but then end up only getting 15 minutes of work done?  I know I'm not the only one that this happens to but I wish I knew why it is so hard to find the motivation to keep the promises we make with ourselves.

Everyone finds motivation in different ways.  For me, I think I will try writing a list of small goals that I want to accomplish each day.  Tomorrow's goal will be to finish an assignment for an online class by lunch so I have the rest of my day free. If this works then I will gradually increase my list of goals each day.  It is time for me to start taking action in my hunt for motivation instead of sitting and waiting for it to come to me.




No comments: