Saturday, January 28, 2012

A day at the flea market


Today I decided to visit the Raleigh state flea market. My roommate Melina, Joe, and I left for the flea market a little around lunch time. I didn't think it was going to be as packed as it was but when we arrived it took us a while to find a parking spot. I was definitely amazed by how big it was, I wasn't expecting it take over the whole fairgrounds area. The area outside was like a big yard sale with different vendors selling all kinds of things from antiques to jewelry to pocketbooks to DVDs and movies. Inside there were more notable retailers selling things such as peanuts, wireless accessories, and furniture. My first purchase was at one of the indoor vendors where I purchased a pair of NC State earrings and a wax bar for my Scentsy warmer. For both they were only six dollars! Melina bought a ring for $15 which was very pretty. I was happy to find a vendor selling a lot of watches. I have been looking for a new watch for a while now. It is hard to find a small face watch but luckily this vendor had a silver watch with a face I really liked. He even removed some of the links for me so that it fit my wrist perfectly and the watch only cost $9.95.


I also bought some DVDs that were two for five dollars. One of the DVDs I got was the Dawsons creek series finale. Walking around it wasn't as crowded as I had thought it would be when we arrived. The weather was perfect for shopping outdoors today and I'm glad that I got the chance to visit the flea market. I will definitely be making some more trips to it in the future. 

No comments: