Monday, February 20, 2012

Holt Lake BBQ

Joe and I went to Smithfield, NC this weekend to go to the Carolina Premium Outlets.  While we didn't find much at the outlets we did however find a great southern restaurant.  Joe had found great reviews on Holt Lake BBQ so we decided we would give it a try.  When we got there the line was backed out the door and for a non chain restaurant I was pretty surprised to see this.   We didn't have to wait too long though and the people in line were very friendly to talk to.  There were pitchers of tea waiting on us when we got seated.  Now since I come from Lexington where BBQ is what our town is known for I very rarely order BBQ anywhere else but since this place seemed to have such good reviews I decided to give it a try.  I ordered the BBQ and fried chicken combo with potato salad and french fries. I must say that I was impressed that the BBQ tasted as good as it did, the sauce to put it on it wasn't near as good as Lexington, but that was to be expected.  On the other hand, the fried chicken was some of the best I've tasted and the "tator salad" was just as enjoyable.  So for anyone ever traveling to Smithfield, I highly recommend a stop at Holt Lake BBQ.


We also made a stop to the Belk near by and each bought a new outfit.  Blue is definitely our color.

No comments: