Monday, November 7, 2011

To take into the classroom

I am learning so many different things now that I want to make sure that they stay with me until I start teaching.  Here are some good ideas that I want to remember to use.

1) Classroom Wide Peer Tutoring
This is having students tutor each other with the use of teacher made question/answer cards.
More about this here.

2. Target behavior recording
Use reinforcement over punishment to help get rid of unwanted behaviors.  Interval recording can be done in a class period to measure weather an intervention is working or not. 

3. Anticipation Guides
This is a pre-reading strategy done where the teacher creates 5-10 statements for students to react to before reading the text.  After reading they then discuss weather they still believe the opinion they stated before learning about the context.

There are so many more things that I will try to keep adding.

No comments: