Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a New Year

Thank goodness for a new year!  Last year was definitely not the best year for me and I am looking forward to making this year amazing.  It's been almost a year now since me and Lewis broke up and it still hurts sometimes, especially around the holidays.  But now I am ready to move on and start being a happier person.  I've realized that I have let my past control opportunities I could have had and it's time for me to let go of the past and move forward.  So I have a whole list of resolutions for this year and I know some of them might not be too realistic but I'm going to try and see how long I can keep them.

First, I want to start eating breakfast everyday.  I never eat breakfast and I know how important it is to a healthy diet so I'm going to start eating something every morning.  I also have been reading that having a good meal in the morning will help your appetite throughout the day. Since I want to gain some weight I'm hoping eating breakfast will help.  If anyone has any good breakfast recipes, let me know!  One of the first recipes I want to try is Paula Deen's Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.



Second, I want to get in better shape. It's pretty sad how quickly I get wore out so I'm going to try doing some sort of workout everyday to get into better shape. And I know those of you who know me are thinking that I don't need to get in shape. I'm not trying to loose weight, I'm trying to get stronger and gain more energy.

Next, I want to read my bible everyday and start memorizing verses.  I made the resolution last year to read my bible everyday and I got slack pretty quickly.  I would put it off till the end of the day and then I'd be too tired so I told myself I would just pray instead.  Although praying is important I really could have benefited from picking up the bible a little more last year.  I really want to start memorizing some scripture too because I want to be able to answer people's questions if they are ever questioning God. Last year I actually had several people question me about different things and I would have to look up bible verses to be able to tell them. It would be nice to have verses memorized so that people wouldn't have to wait for me to find an answer.


I'd also like to learn some new things this year. It would be nice to start playing the piano again or pick up my old guitar and learn a few songs.  I'd also like to learn to speak Spanish better.  I've took so many Spanish classes and now to think I can barely remember a few phrases.


And most importantly, I just want to be happier.  I worry way too much sometimes and I need to start seeing the good things that are right in front of me.  It is going to be an interesting year, especially now that I am job hunting and ready to start my career.  I want to make the best of every moment and stop stressing about the little things.

No comments: