Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Job Search

I have been looking for a teaching job since probably October now.  I have interviewed for 2 positions and didn't get either.  For one position a retired teacher was hired.  It is hard to compete with people who have years of teaching experience.  Interviewing for positions has been a great learning process though. I am currently working at my old job at National.  It has been nice working with my old work friends. I have been helping train the new training class this week which I have really been enjoying. I have been applying for other jobs as well. I have applied for tutoring positions and after school program instructors.  I was invited to interview with Mad Science, an after school science program that teaches science to students all across the triad.  The more I thought about it I wouldn't benefit after all the travel that was required for the position.  So now I am about to start substitute teaching which I am pretty excited about.  I think it will be a great way to get my foot in the door and for different principals to know that I am looking for a full time teaching job.  Hopefully the next time I post about a job will be because I have found one. =)

No comments: