Sunday, May 29, 2011

Busy Busy

With the end of the school year quickly approaching my to-do list seems to get longer and longer.  EOG week was not what I thought it would be.  I was thinking the worst part of the week would be that I would have to be bored for a few hours all week while they took the test.  Boy was I wrong!  It was a very hectic week and next week will be even more hectic as remediation for re-test's occur.   Now on top of planning stuff for school I also am busy getting ready for this weekend.  I am going to Raleigh to take the MAT and to look at apartments.  One of my friends and I are going to look at an apartment that we like so hopefully we will like it and I can mark apartment search off of my to-do list.  Studying for the MAT though is really frying my brain.  Here is an example question for those who don't know what the MAT is:
ROMULUS : REMUS (a. Achilles, b. Seine, c. Rome, d.  Hector) :  PARIS

So your job is to pick the word that completes the analogy.  The correct answer is Hector because in Roman mythology, Romulus and Remus were brothers and in Greek mythology, Hector and Paris were brothers.  Considering I know almost nothing about mythology this is a bit tough!

Also this week I have to get my loans from undergrad deferred because their first payment starts in June.  I also have to lay out and label prices on things that I am selling at a yard sale on Saturday.  My church Tyro United Methodist will be having a yard sale on Saturday morning and I have friend who is going to run my space for me while I'm in Raleigh.

Last night at Warehouse 71 Matt talked about how we should never let our busy lives leave us without time for God.  This week I will be challenging myself to make sure that God is a priority and not just at the bottom of a check list.

No comments: