Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer To-Do List

Summer has officially started for me since my last teacher workday was Tuesday.  It hasn't really felt too much like Summer yet because I have been busy getting things ready for Raleigh.  I can't wait to get into my new apartment and to find a job and get settled. I have a few interviews next week that I'm looking forward to.  But other than getting moved into Raleigh there are other things I want to do this Summer.

1) Learn how to make shrimp sauce
 I love Japanese fried rice with shrimp sauce on top.  So today I tried to create my own shrimp sauce.  It was alright, but definitely not like the kind you get at a good Japanese Steakhouse.  So I really want to try to find a good recipe to make. If anyone has one please let me know.
2) Read for pleasure!


As soon as I left school on Tuesday I went to the library.  I am currently reading "A Mind at A Time" by Mel Levine.  It is a book about learning how to teach directly to the learning style of each child.  It is a great book for teachers and parents to read.  I'm reading it to kind of get my mind focused towards my Special Education degree.


I also checked out "Three Cups of Tea" and still need to finish reading "Eat, Pray, Love" that I bought last year.

3) Get back to saving money
While I was teaching I didn't have a lot of time for using coupons like I used to.  With me paying for grad school and everything else it will definitely be worth it to find more time to get back into couponing.  I at least don't want to have to buy toothpaste while in Raleigh.

No comments: