Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Break

Well tomorrow starts Fall break for NC State students.  I however have a project due on Friday and midterms to study for so I'm not really getting a break.  Grad school has been very stressful. With tutoring everyday and classes I am at my limit.  I'm lucky to have great roommates while I'm here though.   I'm learning a lot about myself and even though it is very hard I'm so glad I decided to do this.  
I received some exciting news recently. My sister is having another baby next year and my best friend is pregnant. I'm very happy for them both but it sometimes makes me feel as if I am so far behind.  I turned 23 last week and I'm still single. People say that I'm still young but seeing the people I graduated with married and having kids makes it seem as if I have a long way to go. I'm glad I am single now though, because I need to be.  I have continued to date just because I felt as if I needed someone else to make me happy. But I have learned that true happiness has to start within yourself.  So now that I have no one holding me down I can find everything that makes me happy.  Right now I know that includes doing my best to learn as much as I can about Special Education.  I know that I am making a difference in the kids I'm tutoring, and that means more to me than anything right now.  

No comments: