Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Taco Casserole

 Last week ground beef was on sale so I stocked up.  Today I wanted to use some but wanted to try something different than the normal hamburger helper I fix.  I decided to come up with my own recipe so I came up with my own version of a Taco Casserole.   It was kind of spicy because of the salsa I put into it but it made for a very tasty meal!

Jamie's Taco Casserole Recipe



Ingredients:  1 lb hamburger, 1 cup salsa, couple handfuls of tortilla chips, 1 flour tortilla, 1 tablespoon onion powder, taco seasoning, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce.

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Brown hamburger and add in taco seasoning.  Once it is mixed in well, add in salsa and onion powder.

Step 3:  Layer a casserole dish with crunched up tortilla chips.
Step 4:  Pour half of hamburger mix on top of chips

Step 5: Sprinkle cheese on top of hamburger
Step 6:  Put tortilla on top
Step 7:  Pour the rest of the hamburger mix on top of tortilla and sprinkle cheese over it.  

Step 8:  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.

Step 9:  Add shredded lettuce on top and more cheese if you would like, enjoy!  I had Spanish rice on the side.

No comments: