Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I 'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

and I got one! This year was my first white Christmas.  It was actually my whole families first white Christmas as well.  The last time there was accumulating snow on Christmas was in the 1940's.  I was super excited about the snow. It's amazing how much I miss seeing snow since living in Boone.  We got about 5 or 6 inches by Sunday afternoon. Christmas evening was when the snow really started falling hard.  After a good supper at Grandma's we went home and watched Christmas movies.  My favorite Christmas movie, How the Grinch Stole Christmas,  was on TV.  It was the perfect ending to a great white Christmas.

On Sunday the roads were covered in snow and ice so we didn't make it to church.  I went over to my cousin's house and we played her new Wii.  I really like the Wii and if I thought I'd have more time to play one then I'd probably get one myself. But I am hoping that I will soon have a full time teaching job where I won't have time to play games.  Me and Felicia also went sledding in my field and made a huge snowman.  The good thing about snow in Lexington is that you can normally play in it without freezing to death.  In Boone the wind chill factor would make it way to cold to want to play in.



For Christmas I got a new digital camera so I probably will start posting even more pictures while I'm seeing what all my camera can do.  It's a Canon Powershot SD1400. It has some neat features like red eye correction, video, slideshows and special effects. I also got some clothes, boots and vera bradley things. Our family had a great Christmas. Now to think of my New Year's resolutions....

No comments: