Monday, August 2, 2010

Back again!

It's been such a busy Summer I haven't even thought to write on here. Sorry guys! I'm going to try and keep this up now, especially to remember my student teaching experiences. Speaking of which, I start when teachers do on August 18th. I will be in the 5th grade with an AWESOME teacher. I can't wait, I'm so ready to be back in the classroom.

So to recap my Summer, I worked almost 40 hours each week for the past month or so. I took American Literature online and just finished up with it. I started dating Michael Hamilton who is now back at Appalachian. Isn't it nice how when I'm at Appalachian I date someone back at home and when I'm back at home I'm dating someone at college. Just lovely, apparently it's meant for me to be 2 hours away from whoever I'm dating. Anyway, I am very happy and hope that we can make it together while he finishes up college.  Here is a picture of us at the beach. Excuse the quality of any recent pictures , I'm using my mom's old camera because mine died at the beach.


My best friend Felicia is finally getting an apartment. I'm so happy for her and John. I'm going to help throw her housewarming party at the end of the month. I can't wait to go shopping for their house. It will have to suffice since I don't have my own apartment anymore. =(

Felicia and I have also been making jewelry. I've spent too much money already on beads and things to make earrings and bracelets. We want to start selling some things but we are trying to figure out where we want to do that at. I hate ebay's fees, which for little things like jewelry doesn't make the profit very good. So we thought about having our own website to sale jewelry and other things. We will see how that goes. Here are just a few pairs of the earrings I made. 
I've been getting more involved in church this Summer also. I've done a couple of children's sermon, I helped in Vacation Bible School and now I'm teaching the 3rd and 4th grade Sunday school class. I definitely know that God has given me the gift of teaching children. I could not be happier with my career choice and can't wait to be a classroom teacher.

No comments: