Thursday, August 26, 2010

Books I want to Read

I have a list of books  I really want to read.  I'm just going to have to fit them into my schedule because I know I will love them all.  First, I want to read "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I talked about wanting to see the movie in an earlier post but I've been told to read the book first, so I want to try and read it pretty soon.


My church will be starting a bible study on the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.  It shares some interesting facts on the universe that God created.  Chan wants us to see how amazing God's love is for us.  I may try and read this next

 Now that I'm student teaching in 5th grade  I really want to read some more childrens books at that age level. Today in class I got to know what books some of the students are interested in.  There was one little boy who said he didn't like any kind of reading whatsoever so I'm determined to get him interested in something, even if it's just a magazine.  Anyway, here are some of the childrens books I want to read.

"The Magician's Elephant" by Kate DiCamillo.  DiCamillo is a well-known author who also wrote "The Tale of Despereaux." In the Magician's Elephant, a young orphan learns that an elephant could change his life.

Another book I will be reading is called "Soccer Cats" by Matt Christopher.  Christopher is a very popular author among those who enjoy sports.  Each of his books have a sports theme.  There are several students in my class who play soccer so I will be reading this to see if it would be a good book to recommend.






My current read is "The Walk" by Richard Paul Evans.  It is about a guy who looses everything and is ready to give up on life.  He thinks about turning to pills but instead goes on a walk that changes his life.


As you can tell, I do love reading. If you have any suggestions for books for myself or good children's books then please let me know!

1 comment:

LaVenture's Adventures said...

Skip "Eat, Pray, Love" and go straight to "Crazy Love."