Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cheerful Sunday

I had another great Sunday at church.  The people at my church are amazing.  They are so friendly and supportive.  I did the children's sermon this morning and after the service I had several people stop me to say what a great job I did.  I'm not saying this brag but to emphasis how nice it is to go to a church where the congregation encourages and supports everything you do.  You can really feel God's love at my church.  The sermon was also great today as well as the music.  I'm now excited to go to church which is a great feeling!


Today was also a cheerful day just by talking to some good friends.  There is nothing like a friend to brighten up your day.  I'm so lucky to have such great people in my life.   My sister and nephew also came to church this morning so it was nice to get to spend some time with them.  My nephew is 3 years old now and he means the world to me.  He can make me laugh no matter what kind of mood I'm in.


Mom and I went shopping in Winston again today. I wanted to get a couple more dressy outfits for student teaching.  We went to Kohls and I got an outfit for just $21.  Here it is, although it looks much better in person.


Tomorrow I will be at school from 11-7 because it's a teacher workday and also open house from 4-7.  I'm excited to see the interactions with the parents at open house.  I also can't wait to meet the kids.  It's going to be a fun semester.  It's so weird not going back to Appalachian but I am so glad that I'm not.  It's nice not having any classes to have to sit through and to be doing what I love to do- teach!


Sometime this week me and my friends are going to go see Eat, Pray, Love!  I am also ordering the book.  It has Julia Roberts in it and is about a lady who wants to change her life so goes on a journey to truly find herself.  Here is the trailer if you haven't seen it advertised yet.


No comments: