Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One Hand, Two Hands by Max Lucado, Illustrated by Gaby Hansen


I was fortunate enough to receive a free copy of the book "One Hand, Two Hands" from booksneeze.com.  This is a short children's story that shows examples of how we use our hands every day.  At the end of the book it gives a cute prayer that goes "One hand, two hands, five fingers ten... God, thanks for my hands. Please, use them again."  I read this book to my three year old nephew and had him fold his hands to pray like the girl in the book did.  He enjoyed hearing this story and especially liked the illustrations which included a cute puppy and kitten.  I think this is a great book for young children to show them how much they can do with their hands even though they are little.  I also thought the rhyming in the book was educational and helped my nephew stay interested in hearing the story.  I would definitely recommend this book for parents to read to their children or Sunday school teachers to their students.

No comments: